Future Women Pty Ltd ABN 84 613 288 403 (we, us, our, or Future Women), the operator of the Future Women Academy (FW Academy), including this website recognises and values the protection of your privacy. We also understand that you want clarity about how we manage the personal information that you provide us with.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with us. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our business activities, or which is volunteered to us. When your organisation signs up to become a FW Academy member and wishes to provide you with access to the website which is located at www.futurewomenacademy.com (the Website), we will ask either you or it to provide certain professional details about yourself necessary for you to log into and access the Website. This information will usually only include: your name, professional address (postal and email), contact details, professional position held, activity and transaction details relating to your use of FW Academy’s products and services. If you sign up to receive our free e-mail we will ask you to provide your name and e-mail address.
We may collect your personal information over the internet, over the phone, when you or your organisation writes to us, when you or your organisation creates an account with us, when you send us an email, when you use any part of our Website, when you attend an event or program run by us or when you participate in a survey, questionnaire, competition or other marketing campaign run by us or our partners.
From time to time, we may ask you to supply additional personal information for specific purposes. In such cases, we will clearly explain why we request that information and unless we are required or authorised by law to request that information from you, providing such information to us is optional. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
HOW WILL WE USE AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another related secondary purpose, unless you have provided your consent for us to use it for another purpose. We take appropriate measures to ensure that all processing of your personal information by us, or by our service providers, is lawful. The lawful basis for the processing of your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we process your information. Much of the personal information we collect from you is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. This includes most of the information you or your organisation provide to us when setting up a membership account.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- providing you with news and information about our products and services (including newsletters, product surveys and special offers);
- purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of our services and functions;
- operating and improving our Website, products and services, including but not limited to ensuring the proper functioning of our Website and the Future Women Academy business and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- providing you with more effective customer service;
- enabling us to conduct customer research;
- making our Website, services or products easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- sending marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in and otherwise communicating with you about our products and services;
- verifying your identity;
- to allow you to log in or otherwise access products and/or services owned by us;
- communicating with you, including by email, mail or telephone.
- using personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the above purposes, including to:
- Diversity Partners Pty Ltd (ACN 141 965 148); and
- other third parties where you have consented to such disclosure.
WHAT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS WILL YOU RECEIVE?
In certain contexts when we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information solely for the purpose of receiving further information or communications from us and our partners, including Diversity Partners.
Opting out / unsubscribing:
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES NOTICE
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We use the following types of cookies and other similar tracking technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to sign in and use our services and remember you when you log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytics cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. Some of the tools we use only provide us with information about trends and aggregate user behaviour. Other tools we use enable us to see how each visitor engaged with our website. For example, we will be able to see what you clicked on and how you navigated through our websites. We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our websites, so that we may make the necessary improvements to enhance our visitors’ experience in the future. We do not attempt to identify you with this information.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our services and to allow us to personalise our content for you, for example, by remembering your preferences.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our websites and services, and some advertising preferences may not be able to be respected. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted.
Our websites may also contain electronic images known as “web beacons” – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages. We may use web beacons to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, or from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information. We may work with other companies that advertise with us to place their web beacons on our websites in order to allow us to gather statistics.
SECURITY AND MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. It is our policy to ensure that all employees understand and take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure.
We also impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store, handle and deal with personal information.
CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to note that, by becoming a FW Academy member or by using the Website, you consent to your data, including your personal information being transferred to data centres located outside of Australia.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to the personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you contact us.
We will endeavour to acknowledge your request for access within 7 days, and to provide you with access within 30 days of the date of receipt of your request. We will notify you if we consider it will take longer than 30 days to provide you with access. If you seek access to records held by us which are not current records, we will need to contact you to discuss your request, it may take a longer period of time to locate these records and that we may charge you a nominal administrative fee for the cost of providing access.
CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, not relevant or misleading.
- Privacy Officer, 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby, NSW, 2068, [email protected].
All complaints received will be assessed by the Privacy Officer and all reasonable steps (if any) will be taken to remedy the complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by our Privacy Officer. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.